JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR EVERY AREA OF LIFE
The New Year is a time for fresh starts and new resolutions.
Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what you want to do with your life or how you should change things up.
Creating a journal of sorts, where you write down your thoughts and feelings about these topics can help provide clarity on the direction that you need to take in order to have a better year ahead!
Here are some journal prompts that will help get those creative juices flowing so that you’re able to find the right focus for your goals!
Post contains affiliate links that means I will receive a small amount of commission if you purchase through the link.
Journal prompts are a great way to set goals and create habits. They’re also a good way for people who don’t have the time or energy to journal every day but want to keep track of their life’s events.
The problem with traditional journals is that they require a lot of effort on your part – you need something to write with and someplace private.
But what if there was an easier way? What if you could just do it digitally?
An already made journal prompts to help you.
How often do you journal and what makes it worthwhile for you to write down how you’re feeling each day?
Journaling changed the way of my life. Writing daily about how I feel about certain things made me introspect myself at a deeper level.
Journaling is just like speaking to a best friend, expressing your feelings.
Journaling is a useful tool to explore your thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
I won’t call it journaling, but writing down and setting a to-do list for the next day have really helped me with productivity.
How does General Journal Prompt look like?
- What is your favorite place to go when you need some inspiration or a change of scenery?
- What are the most important things in life and why do they matter?
- Where was the last place you felt at peace with yourself?
- When did you feel like you were living your best life?
- If money wasn’t an issue, what would be your daily routine look like?
If you are reading this post it means you also believe that journal entries can improve your life.
Even if you do not have the time to write down regularly then you can read your own journal entries for self-love or self-discovery every morning that can hugely impact your life.
Here are some prompts for journal writing that may be helpful in understanding yourself better.
Treat yourself with a beautiful journal diary.
20 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF DISCOVERY
Journaling can be a powerful tool for self-discovery. It can help you learn more about yourself and your thoughts, feelings, memories, and experiences.
The journal prompts you to explore inner thoughts to find yourself better in the process.
Journaling is something that anyone can do at any age or stage of life!
1. I love music when _________.
2. If I could snap my fingers and change one thing about myself, it would be _________.
For me: I’d like to spend less time worrying about things I can’t control.
3. The best gift that life has given me is _________.
Example: The ability to create art that makes people feel something.
Using imagination and creativity is its own kind of magic.
4. When you look at me, the first thing you might notice is _________.
My hair? All of the tattoos? I’m not sure. Myself, probably. If it’s a really bad day, maybe the bags under my eyes? It varies depending on who you are and how observant they are.
5. The thing that scares me the most is _________.
-The failure to make a difference in this world using my abilities.
-Also, heights kind of freak me out.
6. If today were the last day of my life, I would want to spend it with _________and why?
My loved ones, for obvious reasons.
7. I never get tired of _________.
Hearing people laugh genuinely, shows love effectively.
8. The biggest obstacle in my life is _________.
My own idea of perfectionism and fear of not living up to people’s expectations, among other things that aren’t worth delving into here.
9. My personal motto is _________.
“I can’t choose what happens to me or when but I can choose who I am with every moment so why not be with good people?”
10. If someone offered me $5,000,000 what would I do with it?
11. My legacy will be _________.
My ability to make people feel good through my art – not just entertainment but also as a means of self-discovery/reflection, too.
12. The theme of my life is _________.
A constant feeling of trying to catch my breath even when I’m standing still because something exciting always seems to be going on around me these days (in a good way).
13. When people see me after time has passed, they’ll likely think _________.
That I haven’t changed much..they might also mistake me for someone else entirely – that would be interesting!
14. A film I will always stop and watch when I see it on TV is _________ and why?
15. The worst age I’ve been so far is _________.
Probably around my early 20s when I was dealing with all kinds of personal issues from being young, dumb & trying to figure out where I fit in and what I wanted for myself.
16. If I had to choose another career, it would be _________.
17. My favorite comic book character is _________ and why?
18. The best book I’ve read so far is _________.
19. If I had one wish, it would be _________.
To be able to rid the world of all hatred and ignorance.
The more we know about each other, the more we can accept and understand each other’s differences without violence or fear. That’s not something that will happen overnight but humanity has already come so far in such a short time so imagine what we could accomplish if we actually tried!
20. Something fun I did recently was _________.
15 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF LOVE
I can speak endlessly here about self-love.
Self-love is all about taking care of yourself. Whether it is physical care or emotional.
We all have moments where we don’t feel like ourselves and our thoughts are consumed by self-doubt.
Self-care is an important aspect of self-love. It can be difficult to take the time for yourself, but it’s necessary for your mental health and wellbeing.
The easiest thing to start with self-love is by starting to exercise on a daily routine.
It helps us rejuvenate. Do it for 3 months and you will be astonished by the positive emotional change happening around you.
1. What is your self-love language?
For some, it is singing, drawing, while for some others it could be writing poems.
2. The best thing I’ve ever done for myself___________________.
3. My biggest fear is______________________.
4. My biggest achievement so far________________________.
5. Staying away from social media is a big self-love now. If possible stay an hour without a laptop or mobile.
6. Write down 5 things that makes you happy.
Be it cooking supper or baking a cake. Or just doodling.
7. Me-time! The biggest power of self-love.
Spend at least 10 mins with your thoughts. Grab a cup of coffee and forget about everything.
8. The 1 thing that makes you feel good about yourself.
9. What is the most attractive feature you have got?
Not only physical beauty, it includes your behavior, power of calmness, speaking well to everyone.
10. What is the thing that everyone loves about you.
11. Self-care is also a part of self-love.
Haircare, skincare, everything is about making yourself feel better.
12. Respect yourself.
If you feel something needs to change within yourself, change that.
13. Practise calmness.
Do whatever makes you feel calm. Be it meditation, yoga, or reading books.
14. What is your favorite thing about your personality?
15. How would your friend describe you?
If you do not anything in your own description of yourself then this is the time to change yourself.
14 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SUCCESS
These are prompts that will help you grow your mind. You have an opportunity to write on these topics in a safe space and explore what they mean for you.
The process of writing about them can be cathartic, so don’t be afraid! If the questions below seem too hard or overwhelming right now, take some time to think about it before coming back later and giving it a go.
1. What are some of the ways you envision success for yourself?
2. Describe some things people have said to you about success.
How do these ideas compare with your goals?
Why are they important to you?
3. Look at your life right now. What are three important goals that may be helping or hindering your efforts toward achieving your hopes and dreams of success?
4. What are five signs that show you are making progress on the way toward reaching your goal of success?
5. Think about the journey to success.
How does setting small, achievable steps along the way help you stay motivated and enthusiastic about continuing forward even when things get tough or boring?
6. Examine where courage comes into play as you work toward success.
What is the difference between courage and foolishness? How do you know when you are being courageous or just careless?
7. Look back at your life so far.
Has there ever been a time when you were moved, even briefly, to help another person?
If so, how did it feel? Do you consider it a success too?
8. Name five people in your life who have inspired you and describe specifically what they’ve done and how it has affected you positively.
Success is not always about what we accomplish in our lives; sometimes it’s about who we inspire along the way.
9. Describe 5 things that can be done to become more successful – other than good luck – including working harder and smarter, asking for help from others, staying motivated, and learning from mistakes.
10. What does “getting ahead” mean to you?
What are some ways that you can get ahead even when you feel like you are already doing everything?
11. Take a moment to think about people who are successful today.
What are the things they do every day, regardless of how big or small, that make them successful?
12. Make three lists:
One: for personal qualities that make someone a success;
Two: for what others notice first about your personality or appearance;
and three: another list of all the skills and talents you have.
Now identify at least ten ideas in each category that would be assets if help you reach your goals of success.
13. Studying people who have been successful is an excellent way to learn more about success.
14. Identify three things that help you be productive even when it seems like there’s not enough time in the day.
Now think of three ways for improving your level of productivity at work.
You can check here How to be More Productive?
12 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF GROWTH
1. What are 5 things you like/love about yourself?
2. Who inspires you and why?
3. What’s one thing you wish people knew about you?
How would they react?
4. What is something that makes your skin crawl?
Why does this particular thing make you feel that way?
5. What are 5 things you would like to achieve in your lifetime?
6. What are some things that currently or have made you unhappy during this last year?
Why does it make you unhappy?
7. What are 3 of your most favorite/precious memories with the family, friends, significant others, etc.?
8. What are 5 qualities about yourself that are difficult for others to deal with?
Why do these qualities bother other people so much?
How do they affect the relationships you have with them?
9. When was a time that something or someone hurt you so badly, but you still have a positive association with them?
10. What are 5 of your most embarrassing moments in life so far?
Why are they embarrassing?
11. If there is one thing you could say to all of humanity, what would it be.
12. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list that you haven’t done yet but really want to do before you die?
Why do these particular things stand out the most for you?
How would accomplishing these goals change your life or make it better for yourself?
Related Journal Prompts and Productivity:
- How to make the week productive?
- De-stress activities to get fresh instantly
- Start an effective Bullet Journal Today